UPDATE: September 15, 2015
We will be converting all our Visa Credit Cards to CHIP Technology Credit Cards in September 2015. This technology will give you greater fraud protection when you use your card at a chip-activated terminal. Your new card will not only be more secure-it’s also easy to use.
What this means for you:
- You will be receiving a new Advantage FCU Visa® Chip Credit Card between September 11, 2015 and September 18, 2015 with a new look. Please DO NOT activate your new card until September 21, 2015.
- You will be receiving a new credit card number (Excluding Doug Miller Soccer cardholders). Once your new card is activated, we suggest that you verify that all automatic payments have been properly transferred to your new card number.
Below is some important information about Chip Technology and how it works. Please take a minute to review the material.
Your Advantage Federal Credit Union Visa® Credit Card will feature an embedded chip that improves security every time you make purchases at a chip-activated terminal.
- Receive enhanced fraud protection with chip technology. This tiny chip protects you from fraud by creating a one-time use code for each chip transaction. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
- Easy to use. Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card instead and follow the prompts. See reverse for detailed instructions.
- Enjoy global acceptance. Chip-activated terminals are coming to certain U.S. retailers this year – and more locations in the years to come. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence worldwide – wherever Visa credit cards are accepted.
- Read More for answers to frequently asked questions
Advantage FCU is currently in process of transitioning to Chip Card technology for our Visa Credit Cards. This gives you greater fraud protection when you use your card at a chip-activated terminal. Your new card will not only be more secure-it’s also easy to use.