Have you been taking Advantage of your digital or mobile wallet? It’s a smartphone app where you can store your debit and credit cards and it’s a convenient way to pay for transactions with a tap of your phone. Mobile payment options are increasingly popular thanks to speed, security, and convenience. Using your digital wallet can also:
- Help reduce fraud. All of your personal information is encrypted and secure. When using your digital wallet, random single use payment codes are generated and shared with your merchant rather than your actual card information. This keeps your data locked up tight.
- Save time. Transactions are completed quickly by simply holding your phone over the payment terminal. Most transactions are completed in seconds. Purchases and receipts can be kept and tracked directly in your wallet app.
- Save on wallet contents. You can use your digital wallet to store more than just your credit and debit cards. With some wallets you can even store loyalty and gift cards. This keeps your wallet light while keeping your cards at phone’s reach anywhere, anytime.
- Shop online on the go. Forget about typing in your card info when making an online purchase. With your digital wallet it has never been easier to complete online transactions. Plus, you can limit the number of places that store your personal card numbers.
- Earn rewards. Any and all benefits and rewards you normally earn still apply to transactions with your digital wallet. Leave your wallet at home while still taking advantage of our Visa rewards and debit giveback programs!
Setting up your Digital Wallet is Easy
Your Advantage Visa and Debit cards are easy to set up with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Simply download the app and follow the onscreen prompts to add your cards:
- Open your Wallet app. It should be installed by default.
- In Wallet, tap the plus (+) button at the top right of your screen. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Use your device’s camera to register your card or enter the card details manually
- Verify your card. You can call Advantage directly at 585.454.5900 x5
Setup Apple Pay on Apple Watch
- Add your Advantage card to your Apple Wallet by following the above steps.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, then tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add next to a card you want to add, then enter the card’s CVV.
- Download and install the Google Pay / GPay app from the Play Store. You may need to set up a secure PIN or Fingerprint.
- Tap on the card icon at the top right.
- Use your device’s camera to register your card or enter the card details manually.
- Verify your card. Enter your one-time password or call Advantage directly at 585.454.5900 x5
Don’t forget to download our own app for the ultimate mobile banking experience. With the Advantage FCU Mobile App, the closest branch is in your pocket!*
- Search Advantage Mobile or Advantage FCU in your app store and click “Free” to install app.
- Log in using your Online Banking Member Number and Credentials. If you are currently not enrolled into Online Banking, call to 585.454.5900, Ext 5. to gain access.
*Mobile Banking services are FREE to all Advantage FCU members. Your carrier’s message and data rates may apply.